- Baseline Onboarding. Get acclimated, set up your computer, and the Design Team.
- Know Your Role. Understand why you’ve been hired and what are the overall expectations and goals of your role. Some of this should have already been made clear throughout the hiring process.
- Build Relationships. Build relationships with my team and people I’ll partner with to do great work.
- Learn the Company. Learn all about your company and the industry its in.
- Learn the Customer. Learn more about the customer and domain to understand context and empathize with customer needs.
- Learn the Service & Product. Learn how customers get value from your company.
- Advocate Design. Expand presence and design education throughout the company.
- Individual Contributions. Contribute to the team to help them deliver great user experiences.
First Two Week Recaps
30:60:90 Days Activities
A list of activities to do with grouped by first month, second month, and third month.
First two weeks a peer that can help guide you through onboarding.
Subject Matter Experts Walkthroughs
Details conversations that align to one of the goals that are presented by someone that is a subject matter expert in that topic, such as parts of your product.
Career Growth Plan
Establish clear expectations of growth and how the new employee and their manager will work together to progress on the employee’s goals.
- The First 90 Days by Michael D. Watkins