45 minute presentation, 15 minute Q&A
By showing the product to the candidate you can gauge how they think about design and approach learning by the questions they ask. The method is equal parts evaluation and a selling tool. Great designers are naturally curious and particular want to know where the product experience is currently at to understand where they can provide value.
Hiring manager and designer
Thinks to Look For
- What would they be excited about changing?
- How do they think it could be improved?
- How would they work with you to figure out the best design and solution?
- How much do they focus on understanding the customer versus focus on design best practices?
- Provide context to the user while you present
- Critique it yourself as you present to make it more comfortable
- Interaction Design
- Research & Analytics
- Business Fluency
- Grit & Passion