Insights Definition Workshop
The insights definition workshop purpose is to document user-focused artifacts to ground future strategy and solutioning efforts in the user’s perspective.
When to Use
- To generate user artifacts within the problem space
|1 representative per squad discipline, 1 representative from Support, Marketing, Sales, and BI.
||5 to 8 people
||2 to 3 hours
Share Inspiring Stories (15 minutes)
Organize Stories (5 minutes)
Read stories. http://www.designkit.org/methods/14
- Each team member takes a turn reading all their organize stories they’ve come up with.
- As they verbally describe their individual problems notes, they place the corresponding sticky on the board.
- Give each person around 3 minutes to finish so they’re encouraged to be short and sweet.
- Team members can write down more problem notes if they get inspired by what others are sharing.
- Wait until the third person has finished presenting before you start grouping the problem notes into categories. (Tip: Don’t wait until everyone has finished sharing to do this. You’ll have a big, unwieldy task on your hands.)
- Don’t worry if it takes a bit for solid categories to form. It’s fine to adjust them as the sharing continues. And, if the first set of categories you make aren’t useful, you can always start over.
- When everyone is done reading their problem notes, take a picture of all the notes.
Empathy Map Exercise - Who is the user. (10 minutes)
Context Building? (10 minutes)
Journey Mapping (20 minutes per person)
Define Design Principles (10 minutes)
Templates (if applicable)
Created by: Joe Steinkamp | Last updated by: Joe Steinkamp